12.07.2007

The Tardy Food Blogger


A girl has to work...


For the few dozen of you who check in on my blog, I offer sincere apologies for offering nothing but the same old picture of dinner rolls. Thanksgiving seems so long ago now.

But, you'll be happy to know that at least I've been keeping busy with my personal chef work, so I have that going for me.

A brief recap:

  • I "dry-brined" the turkey this year after reading a post on the Epicurious blog by Rick Rodgers, a turkey-day expert. I added some spices and a good smear of lemon-garlic butter before putting on the Weber to roast. I thought it was disappointingly dry. I'm not sure if it's the method or simply that free range turkeys are just a bit, well, chewy. Remind me to try a different bird next year.
  • I was inspired to make big, fat cookies after looking at my friend Anna's blog, Cookie Madness. More on that later.
  • I've been digesting the heated discussion about the Bon Appetit magazine redesign. I personally like the new look. Change is a good thing.
We should all be like Martha, who not only has her own blog these days, but hires people to write it for her.



Save This Page on Del.icio.us

Copyright (c) 2007 FamilyStyle Food

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are amoung the living...whew! I mean I love the dinner rolls but love hearing from you more - and those recipes- yum!! keep up the good work.

Stacy

Emily said...

There you are! I mean, those rolls looked delicious, but...
Glad you're back.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Behind every great woman their is a league of well motivated and competant staff. Martha and Oprah are doing it right...they certainly are successful!!!!!Our new boss needs to get with the program!..wink..wink...

Kristen - Dine & Dish said...

Congrats on things going so well with your business. That's what its all about, isn't it? The life that goes on behind the blog :)

Hope you aren't buried in too bad of weather this week. Stay safe.

Madame K said...

Thanks, Stacy. I'm glad you're there!

Emiline, it's good to be back...thanks!

Bellini, absolutely true. Just thinking of the things I could accomplish with a staff staggers my mind...

Madame K said...

Kristen, yes it's such a balancing act trying to fit everything in one life!

We've been mostly rained on here, I hope you're all fine in KC...

Harry and Eddie said...

I found your blog today and am enjoying it a lot, especially the great photo work. Re the new Bon Apettit: Yuck! The font is too small for aging eyes. I think they are courting the younger audience.