10.30.2007

Crisp, Crunchy Prosciutto: Better than Bacon


Roast sliced prosciutto for a crispy treat

Two questions for a mom/food blogger/personal chef/recipe writer/household planner having one of those weeks that are making her very tired:

Question: What is the one thing you toss into your cart each and every time you shop at Costco.
A
nswer: One pound packages of sliced prosciutto.

Question: And why is that?
Answer: Because when there's nothing much in the house to cook, we can always munch on oven-roasted prosciutto. This stuff might be better than bacon-flavored potato chips.

Question: Just one more question - how do you make it?
Answer: Just have a look at the easy recipe below. I'm going to have a little nap now.


Crisp Oven-Roasted Prosciutto

12 slices prosciutto
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil

Arrange the prosciutto on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Roast in a 400-degree oven 12-15 minutes (keep you eye on it - it browns quickly) until crisp. Cool.

Crumble over pasta, eggs, mashed potatoes or sandwiches. Or just eat it plain, right out of a bowl.



Save This Page on Del.icio.us

Copyright (c) 2007 FamilyStyle Food

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another reason I wish we had a Costco close to us. (and that S ate prosciutto).

Deborah Dowd said...

This sounds so delicious! I can think of 100 ways to use this!

Kalyn Denny said...

Just wrote it on my Costco list!

Emily said...

You can't go wrong with this! I'm all about the prosciutto.

Madame K said...

Liza, maybe we can make a ducky version. I've always wanted to try that.

Thanks, Deborah. I bet there are hundreds of ways!

Kalyn, it's a great deal - you'll love it.

Emilie, me too!

Anonymous said...

Karen,
I totally agree, I LOVE Prosciutto, it makes everything taste better. I need to add that to my grocery list this week! Have a great weekend!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

My husband would do well at your house. :)

Madame K said...

Jenny, yes! I believe I can say that prosciutto ROCKS.

Susan, I guess pork lovers cannot be reformed.
You gotta keep them happy!

Emily said...

Karen, I emailed you but I'm not sure if you got it or not. The PC was acting weird.