5.09.2007

At the National Chicken Cooking Contest


Me and my chicken

Just a quick update - I'm back from Birmingham, and no richer in dollars. However, T and I are defining the trip as a mini-vacation. The kids spent enough time in the pool for A to require an emergency stop at CVS for eye drops after her eyes became over-chlorinated, and for J to develop a case of swimmer's ear. Off to the pediatrician we go!

The big winner turned out to be Michelle Anderson of Idaho with her recipe for Thai-Inspired Stuffed Chicken Breast and Slaw.

So, back to the drawing board...







Save This Page on Del.icio.us

Copyright (c) 2007 FamilyStyle Food

4 comments:

Deborah Dowd said...

You are richer... just not in dollars! What a great experience and that your kids could be there is really great... and I know what you mean about kids and hotel pools! Congratulations for being one out of 51. That's an honor in itself!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Deborah. What an honor to be the one from MO selected to represent. Sounds like you had a great time! Fun stuff.

Madame K said...

Thanks, Deborah and Kristen.

You are so right. It's always fun to be a part of an event like this. And if I considered myself a loser every time I don't come with the grand, then what's the use in participating?

I didn't mention it in my short post, but the fellow contest people I meet always blow me away with their genuine good spirit and camaraderie.

Lisa said...

Sorry, but I'm going to take a slightly different tack here:

YOU WERE ROBBED!!!!!!

Just for another point of view, ha ha.

Seriously—how exciting! And your recipe was really wonderful looking. Bravo!